International Marketing Manager
Posted by Leatherman on 06/29/2019
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Marketing
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking an International Marketing Manager for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
As our International Marketing Manager, you are the global steward of the brand, responsible for building the brand internationally and developing meaningful connections with our key business partners and consumers within and outside the USA. Your main responsibility is partnering with our international sales team and 3rd party distributor partners to grow the business by developing international marketing process, programs and consumer experiences.
The ideal candidate must be
• Build relationships with key international and sales stakeholders, serving as a trusted marketing advisor and brand steward.
• Serve as the key contact for the marketing go-to-market process for international distributors.
• Work with sales to identify distributor marketing opportunities, key markets and new marketing partners.
• Manages the overall international distributor marketing calendar, including major campaigns, product launches, trade/retail marketing activities, events, and core marketing activities.
• Works in close partnership with global brand, marketing, international sales and territory leads to manage marketing strategies tailored to each region that drive awareness, customer acquisition and sales.
• Work with international teams to localize global brand initiatives and creative for each region, preparing product launch materials.
• In collaboration with sales, manage the international distributor marketing budget allocation.
• Oversee international media plans executions ensuring objectives are met and brand standards are adhered to.
• Measure success of marketing executions, analyzing market growth, sell-through brand awareness and sentiment.
• Identify opportunities for new international marketing partnerships and programs.
• Perform ongoing assessment of international distributor initiatives and plans to ensure all are on target, and ROI is appropriate.
• Ensure international distributors are advised on the company standards for marketing creative and the marketing approval process. Monitor websites, advertising, social media sites for brand standard compliance & provide creative approvals as needed.
• Serve as the marketing and brand center of excellence for distributors, sharing best practices, key learnings, and information as applicable and appropriate by region.
• Establish marketing process and planning timelines, creative approvals, and protocol for international distributor marketing collaboration with Leatherman.
• Partner with European marketing manager to support global distributors across the EU region.
• Attend international sales meetings and key distributor presentations as necessary.
Experience & Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s from an accredited college/university in Business, Marketing or related field required.
• Multilingual highly preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in global consumer marketing managing various marketing functions such as advertising, event execution, sponsorships, social media, PR, wholesale marketing/merchandising, and strategic partnerships.
• 3 years minimum experience working within an international marketing capacity.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 15% annually.
• Advanced knowledge of business software applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan with Performance Multiplier, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Onsite Health Clinic, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, On Premise Gym, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . Including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential.
Pre-employment background check, drug and alcohol screening is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.